If you’re looking for that perfect recipe, decorating idea or party theme, we have many resources from which to choose. Here is just a small sampling:
- Holiday Cooking With Kids: Recipes For Kids Ages 9 to 13 by Susan M. Katzman
- Holiday Theme Parties: Entertaining Ideas, Decorations & Recipes for Nine Unique Parties
- Simply Homemade Food Gifts
- Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Inspirations
- The Artful Christmas: Holiday Menus & Festive Collectibles by Linda Arnaud
- The Christmas Table: Recipes and Crafts to Create Your Own Holiday Tradition by Diane Morgan
- A Kwanzaa Celebration: Festive Recipes and Homemade Gifts From an African-American Kitchen by Angela Medearis
- Gluten-free Baking For the Holidays: 60 Recipes For Traditional Festive Treats by Jeanne Sauvage
And if you’re struggling with a seating chart that will keep troublesome family members from disturbing the peace, try this book:
- When Holidays Are Hell . . . A Guide to Surviving Family Gatherings by Mariana Copland
Once you have the menu and decorations set, you’ll need some great music, and the library can help with that, too. Just log in to our Freegal download site with your library card and PIN number, and search for your favorite music to download to your personal device. The files are yours to keep forever, and there is plenty of holiday music to choose from.
If you’re looking for something to entertain the children, you’ll find many of the classic holiday stories in our DVD collection, including How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Jingle All the Way, and many, many more.
Stop in and let your public library help make your holidays bright!