Mount Clemens Public Library does not have staff available to conduct genealogical research for patrons. However, volunteers from the Macomb County Genealogy Group will perform research to benefit our Local History & Genealogy Room.
Up to 3 photocopies of records from the following Library Genealogy Databases may be ordered for a service fee of $5.00, if full citation from the database is included.
- Funeral Home Abstracts (excluding Schwarzkoff)
- Erin Township Records
- Mount Clemens Volunteer Fire Department Records
- Mount Clemens High School Yearbooks or City Directories
Photocopies of the following records are $5.00 each which include up to 4 pages.
- Schwarzkoff Funeral Home files – $5.00 each
- Probate files $5.00 each with citation, which includes up to 4 photocopies of the most important pages. If you are interested in the complete file, please contact Ann Faulkner for a quote prior to mailing your request.
- Court Index $5.00 per volume with citation which includes up to 4 copies. If additional pages are needed please add .20 per page to your request. Each record from the Divorce Proceedings counts as two pages.
- Obituary Search for persons not included in the Obituary Index. The cost is $5 per person if the exact date of death or burial is known. Not all Macomb County newspapers have been indexed. This search can include Detroit newspapers from 1939 forward, or from the Detroit Free Press digitized newspapers 1831-1922.
- Macomb County Vital Records. Birth Records 1867-1923, Marriage Records 1819-1921, Death Records 1867-1949. The births and deaths are ledger type records, not full certificates, and burial information is not included. $2.00 per record requested.
- Family Group Sheet documentation & other research, $10 per hour.
To request a search, please address a letter to:
c/o Mount Clemens Public Library
150 Cass Avenue
Mount Clemens MI 48043-2222
Please include your email with all requests. Contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Requests must include a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope and a non-refundable check made payable to Mount Clemens Public Library. Please affix stamps to your self-addressed stamped envelope with the following postage amounts, according to number of pages you are requesting. For orders over 8 pages, we will furnish a large envelope to ship your order, but please include loose stamps to cover the postage amount:
No. of pages Postage Amount 1-4 $0.47 5-8 $0.61 9-13 $1.22 14-18 $1.39 19-23 $1.56
NOTE: Please be PATIENT! All requests are handled by volunteers who do the research in their spare time. With many requests to handle, it may take several weeks to complete your order.